5 yellow onions, thinly sliced
16 oz. mushrooms (Gourmet Blend – Bella, Shitake, Oyster)
1 Tbsp Olive Oil or Ghee
1 tsp sea salt
½ tsp dry mustard
½ tsp dried thyme
8 cups chicken or vegetable stock
2-‐3 tbsp gluten free tamari sauce
¼ cup Mirin
½ tsp white pepper
½ tsp black pepper
1. Heat olive oil or ghee in a large pot over medium heat.
2. Add the sliced onions, mushrooms and sea salt.
3. Saute for 10 minutes with occasional stirring.
4. Add the mustard and thyme, stir to combine
5. Cover the pot, turn the heat to low, and simmer & sizzle for about 30-‐45 min.
6. Add stock.
7. Add remaining ingredients (Tamari, Mirin, pepper) and allow to cook another 15 minutes.