1 large butternut squash
1 small sweet potato
1 small onion
½ head of cauliflower, chopped
8 cups of chicken or vegetable stock
1 Tbsp Olive oil
Sea salt – to taste
Cinnamon – to taste
Maple Syrup – to taste
1. Preheat oven to 375F
2. Peel butternut squash and sweet potato. Cut into 2” slices. (Deseed squash)
3. Place in baking dish with olive oil, salt, and cinnamon.
4. Roast in oven for about 20-‐25 minutes, turn slices over and continue cooking for about 20 more minutes until soft. (also a great dish as is)
5. Sauté onions, cauliflower and sea salt in oil on medium heat until soft.
6. Add vegetable stock. Bring to a boil.
7. Add cooked butternut squash and sweet potato.
8. Cook at medium heat for 10 minutes, lower heat and continue to simmer for 10 more minutes.
9. Puree soup with immersion (hand held stick) blender.
10. Add sea salt, and cinnamon to taste
11. Swirl maple syrup into puree
12. Mix again briefly with immersion blender
13. Serve and Enjoy!
14. For fancy serving, top with a swirl of maple syrup and sprinkle of cinnamon onto each bowl.